INSTITUTUM STUDIORUM HUMANITATIS
LJUBLJANA GRADUATE SCHOOL OF THE HUMANITIES
CALLS FOR APPLICATIONS
for master’s and doctor’s degree study
in academic year 2012/2013
1. Call for applications subject:
ISH – Ljubljana Graduate School of the Humanities calls for application for 2nd (masters) and 3rd (doctors) study level on study programme: HUMANITIES.
There are 25 placements for 2nd level (masters) study and 25 placement for 3rd level (doctors) study.
The title after finished master’s programme is MASTER OF HUMANITIES.
The title after finished doctor’s programme is DOCTOR OF SCIENCE.
2. Enrolment conditions:
Master study programme of Humanities is open to:
- Graduates of first level study programmes from humanistic or social science study fields who have acquired 240 ECTS can enrol without any additional requirements;
- Graduates of first level study programmes from all other study areas that have gathered 180 ECTS, and have completed a supplementary year of Master study, in the amount of 60 ECTS;
- Candidates that have completed a pre-reform four year higher education professional study programme from all professional study fields can enrol in second level programme without any additional requirements;
- Candidates that have completed a pre-reform 3 year higher education professional study programme can enrol in the Master Study under the conditions defined in item 2.
The doctoral programme in the Humanities is in accordance with the final paragraph of Article 38a and Article 16 of the transitional and final provision of the Higher Educational Act open for the enrolment of graduates from:
1. 2nd level study programmes;
2. Existing study programmes leading to university a degree;
3. Existing study programmes leading to a specialisation, following a previously completed higher education study programme; upon the proposal of a field coordinator responsible for the doctoral programme, a competent body of a member faculty determines study obligations worth 30 to 60 ECTS needed for enrolment in the third level doctoral programme;
4. Existing study programmes leading to a masters degree or a specialisation following the completion of a first degree; upon the proposal of a field coordinator responsible for the doctoral programme, a competent body of a member faculty acknowledges study obligations to the value of at least 60 ECTS, thus enabling enrolment in a third level doctoral programme.
Enrolment is also open to candidates who have completed equivalent education abroad. They can enrol under the same conditions as candidates who have completed education in Slovenia. Prior to enrolment in Master study programme, the candidates must submit their documentation of education for verification.
3. Application form:
- All candidates must submit application form (available at: http://www.ish.si/studentske-strani/prijavnica/) and all the necessary documentation mentioned in the application form.
3. Deadline for submission:
All applicants must submit their applications until September 20, 2012 at the address: ISH – Ljubljana Graduate School of the Humanities, Knafljev prehod 11, SI - 1000 Ljubljana.
Institutum Studiorum Humanitatis
Ljubljana Graduate School of the Humanities
Dr. Alja Brglez, director
Ljubljana, 18. 05. 2012
Rožna dolina, c. V/26, SI - 1000 Ljubljana
Telefon: (01) 425 18 45
Faks: (01) 425 18 46